Thursday, September 9, 2010

A wise man once said

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." ~Bill Cosby.

This quote is the inspiration for my new entry today. I know I am not the only person in the world who has tried and failed at finding the key to success. I also know that I am not the only person who has tried hard every day in their life to please their friends, family, employers, and even strangers to ensure that good karma will come their way.

Where is this good karma? I ask myself this constantly. Maybe the good karma is taking it's time to come around to you. I for one am fatigued waiting for it.

It is my opinion that everyone deserves to be selfish, to a point. Say you have been doing favor after favor for someone important in your life, and they fail to do the same for you. There is a point you should tell them to take care of their own, and you will take care of yours. This will result in the person gaining respect for you as an individual because of your confidence to stand up for yourself. You will no longer be the door mat.

In some situations, someone will set a goal for themselves regarding their love life, career choice, decision for school, discipline plan for the children, etc.; and a loved one will, for some reason unknown, shoot the goal down and make them second guess themselves. Does this sound familiar? I know it all too well. A situation such as this can really take a toll on your self esteem and make you question exactly how able you are to succeed in this life. The fix it...force your mind to block their negative energy being forced upon you. Do not go to them when you have created a goal for yourself. Simply share your goals with others that you know for a fact will support you through anything. When you do reach your goal, is the time to share your joy with EVERYONE, including the one person who always thought you couldn't make it.

Pleasing everyone but yourself is never the way to go. When it goes on for too long, it is almost impossible to change your habit. Start your change now!

No comments:

Post a Comment